• Show
Clear All

Re: Sony VPCEE4E1E mobo problem, pls help`

To complete the question, the voltages that I measured on PU8
    Attached Files

Comment

Measured some strange voltages on the LED's and the VCC's
      Where do those come from? The Led's don't light up at all.

When I press the on/off switch the batt led light's up and when I keep pressing, the on/off led flashes after 5 sec while the batt led keeps light-up
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bicalov; 02-21-2016, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
        ish sorry mate , just saw now your messages , im leaving office now , but monday i try to help you out

cheers
        That is exactly a week ago, .........

Comment

I know you pro's are busy, but can somebody take a moment to reply please?

I'm terribly stuck on this one

Comment

hehe sorry bro , yes to much works , around 20 to 30 per day not easy to be here constant to try help you mate , dont take me wrong eheh

pin 3 VCC is 0 , humm .
            well i see you dont have 5 volts present , altough is displaying the EN2 , chek coils of 5. volts to GND (ohm scale) and chek what is the resistance on the coil

Comment

you also mentioned about water damage , hum specially the components affected by the water should be tested , specially resistor and transistors !!!!
              also you mentioned when touching Q20 machine does boot , well this is weird since if for scroll led light

Comment

you also mentioned about water damage , hum specially the components affected by the water should be tested , specially resistor and transistors !!!!
                also you mentioned when touching Q20 machine does boot , well this is weird since if for scroll led light
                No problem

Water damage is checked.

Touching was not the Q20 but the PQ20 (VCC1.5), my mistake , sorry.
                Last edited by bicalov; 03-03-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

pin 3 VCC is 0 , humm .
                  well i see you dont have 5 volts present , altough is displaying the EN2 , chek coils of 5. volts to GND (ohm scale) and chek what is the resistance on the coil[/QUOTE]

The 5V is created in the U8 ?

PL19 = 7,8 ohm to gnd, this value I measured on more components around the board.
                  PL19 resistance on coil 0,1 ohm in circuit.

Comment

I'm still waiting, can anybody please help?

Comment

I'm going to pick up this faulty board again.

Can somebody give me an advise please

Comment

I read schematic and trying understanding this flatform, there are 3 voltages always on, 3vpcu, rvcc5, rvcc1.1

on pic vccs2.jpg, if pq60 pin2(g) was high, then pin5(g) and pin2(g) pq59 must be low, and switch pq59 then 8-9v generate to vcc.1_d

this signal should ready for switch on pq49

Comment

so heres is your problem
                          PL19 , 7ohm ? jesus something not good here , so first thing , lift both fets PQ58 and PQ53 (test them outside board to see if they are ok . if they are hold a bit and lift one leg of the coil , and chek on the board both coils sides , to see wich side is in short (IC side or the overall 5volts line )
                          chek wich side is getting low , and on that side , inject 5 volts with 1 amp , and increase amp slowly until you notice wich IC will be hot . Let us know what you find hot on the board .

Comment

Thx Guys, I need some time to figer this out

Comment

Originally posted by meritosari View Post
                              I read schematic and trying understanding this flatform, there are 3 voltages always on, 3vpcu, rvcc5, rvcc1.1

on pic vccs2.jpg, if pq60 pin2(g) was high, then pin5(g) and pin2(g) pq59 must be low, and switch pq59 then 8-9v generate to vcc.1_d

this signal should ready for switch on pq49
                              I understand what you are saying, but there is a change. pq60 pin2 now has 0V
                              and pin 5 and 2 of pq59 are 9,22V.
                              Same for pq38 and pq39 and pq36.
                              How can I correct that?

Comment

so heres is your problem
                                PL19 , 7ohm ? jesus something not good here , so first thing , lift both fets PQ58 and PQ53 (test them outside board to see if they are ok . if they are hold a bit and lift one leg of the coil , and chek on the board both coils sides , to see wich side is in short (IC side or the overall 5volts line )
                                chek wich side is getting low , and on that side , inject 5 volts with 1 amp , and increase amp slowly until you notice wich IC will be hot . Let us know what you find hot on the board .
                                I had replaced PQ58 ans PQ53 already, but no change. I took them off again and also took off PL19.
                                The IC side is indefinite and the 5V line measures 7ohm. When I inject the 5V on the 5V line, the current does not go higher than 70mA. I used 5V from PC and put a meter in the circuit to check the current. Normally when there is a short, the current will raise very quickly and I control that with a switch.
                                So it looks like there is no real short on the 5V side. With this current no hot item to be found.
                                I also found PR274 to be 22R (in circuit) instead of the 10k the schematic says.

Comment

Took out PR274 and it was 10k. Measured connection points on board from PR274 and it showed 5ohm. Checked and there was a short between pin 15 and pin 16 of PU8. These Sony boards are soldered badly.
                                  I checked PQ63 and PQ54 and they work ok.
                                  Placed all the components back on the board and PL19 now shows 580 ohm,
                                  PQ58 and PQ53 still don't have and output. PQ58 has 19,45V on pin 5,6,7,8 and rest is 0V. PQ53 has 0V on all pins.
                                  5V line does not show a short, but is also not present.
                                  Last edited by bicalov; 04-03-2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

- pin 9 connect with pin1 of PL19, so if ic (PU8) itself which has shorted
                                    - usually pin 15 and 16 that was measured like shorted, cause not fit solder the ic and bad mosfet pq58

I think we should eliminate the shorted first before do anything further

5v rail enable is pin 14, signal coming from EC

Comment

Sorry, mistake in previous message: I checked PQ53 and PQ58 and they work ok.

5V enable comes from U23 pin 13 and is 0V. It also connects to PU14 pin 3 and is 0V.
                                      Except for pin 2 (19,35V) all pins PU14 are 0V.

Comment

Sorry mistake, i've reading datasheet isl6237 instead isl6236, a little bit different, reading again sequence that obviously rvcc_on after pressing power button, so it was power step 2, according on sequence P.34, and near ec.

But the shorted still remains, and not discovered. so that's your problem in there

are you sure pu8 not shorted?

Comment

I removed PU8 and nothing changed, so no short in PU8 itself.

Powerbutton has 3,35V, but like explained earlier, no led's light up and a strange voltage on PQ20 etc. So The system does not go on, which make it hard to check RVCC-on.
                                          Last edited by bicalov; 04-04-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X